FOJ Meeting Minutes – 11/29/17 @ 5:30pm
President Andy Hinds led the meeting, which was well-attended by parents. Representatives from the school staff present were Principal Francisco Morga and Spanish Teacher Emily Merchant.
Jogathon on 12/6 Update – Andy
- 12/6 will be the cut-off date on the fundraising website for the purpose of calculating student prizes, t-shirts, etc. Donations can still be made on the website after that date, to continue 1-2 weeks after the event.
- Classes who won ice cream float parties will have the party dates arranged by the teachers. Barons Market will donate the supplies.
- Parents are welcome to attend the jogathon to cheer the students and assist as needed.
- A parent suggested t-shirt ordering be made available to adults. Kirsten will look into ordering adult sizes and pricing and an order form may be sent out to parents via the school.
Holiday Program on 12/12 Update – Geena
- All classes participate. Students will rehearse at the NP Observatory Theatre with their classes during school hours on 12/12.
- Seating presales are going well. Only a few seats and tables in the balcony remain.
- Food will be for sale for the hour before the program and during the half hour intermission, as food supplies last. For sale will be tamale plates with beans and rice. Dessert and drinks will be donated by Barons Market. There will be no presale food sales.
- Geena will send an email asking for volunteers to help with ushering, food sales, decorating, etc.
Toyland Parade on 12/2 – Mr. Morga
- Parents and students gather at 10/10:30 at the joint use field. Event usually ends approximately 11:30/12. Parents welcome to decorate wagons, scooters, etc. It will be fun.
Homebrewfest on 3/10/18 Update – Geena
- Event is 12-4pm on 3/10/18. Tickets $35 and $10 for designated drivers.
- Ticket sales went live today. Brewer sign-ups will go live on Monday.
- Parents encouraged to contact potential financial sponsors of event and to get donation items for the silent auction.
- Parents will look into possibility of donations for pretzel necklaces to sell at event and donations from Barons for food/beverages.
After School Clubs Update – Ms. Merchant
- First session of clubs going well. Would like to do two more 6-week sessions of clubs to run approx. from Jan 29-Mar.5 and Apr. 16 – May 21. Soccer Shots runs its own program from January-June.
- Parents suggested a flyer go out to parents at the beginning of the year, if possible, with an outline of all club options for the year so they can better plan.
No December meeting. Next meeting will be January 31, 2018.